Consultant Job Brief
We are looking for a client facing software implementation consultant to join on a permanent basis. The role will be office based in North Leeds (LS8) with client visits as appropriate. Most of our implementation work is remote but some work is best carried out face to face.
The successful candidate will report to the technical director and work closely with the development, support, and implementation teams. There will be an expectation to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, so time management is key.
Communication skills are key as an ability to deal with Cindercone staff and clients at all levels and with varying levels of technical ability is required.
- Consulting on our Magma software
- Installation and updates
- Creating new Magma “RunSets” which cover the following:
- External data connectors such as web services, FTP, EDI networks etc
- Data transformation from for example XML to CSV as required by the ERP system interface. This will require the creation of XSLT maps or more likely the extension of existing ones from our repository
- Internal ERP connectors such as SAP Business One, Sage etc
- Creation of project documentation
- Working with internal and external project managers
- Collaborate with the following small teams:
- Consultancy – working as part of a team on larger or more complex projects
- Analysis and Design – as the role progresses or depending on the candidate’s background and experience
- Support – working with the teams to hand over projects that have been delivered and transfer knowledge as appropriate
- Development – working alongside our existing development team when code changes are required to support a new client
- Client facing work with ERP systems either as a consultant or as part of a technical support team
- Some exposure to a technical scripting or programming language (.NET / Java / PHP etc). The language itself is unimportant but the technical skills gained are critical
- Understanding of document formats such as CSV and XML
- Experience of basic SQL Server queries
- Some exposure to XSLT and XPATH as a means of transforming XML documents
- Exposure to SAP Business One or Sage ERP systems
- Experience of EDI standards and systems
- Basic understanding of SOAP and REST web services
- Experience of more advanced SQL Server concepts such as views and stored procedures
This vacancy is currently filled. We will be looking for further candidates in the near future.
Salary range (dependant on skills & experience): £35k-£55k
Email email@example.com for more information.